01 March 2010

Mon 1-Mar-10 (1st day of Autumn, a few things to report)

Kalo Mina (i.e. Have a good month ahead).

I got the kids to school a little earlier today as I needed to meet with Ben's teacher to let him know that I was accepting the role of "Class Parent", which I had been asked on Friday to pray about. After careful consideration I agreed. Fortunately there is flexibility in the role and Ben's teacher is relaxed about how much/little I can do. I wrote a letter to all parents/carers as an introduction, to let them know how I can help them (i.e. pastoral care for families and teacher, point of liaison, organising meals in certain circumstances), and to try and enlist some help with organising activities. I'm looking forward to being involved with his class, and being actively involved in Gabi's future excursions. I would appreciate prayer over the "Class Parent" role, especially for some class parents to come on board to lighten some of the load.

Further to last night's entry, Apple was unable to resolve my laptop issue. I had to take it out to an authorised repairer. Unfortunately during the time I was out, a courier came to return my coffee machine (it turns out the steam wand pump was faulty). In the morning I need to return to the same area where I dropped off the laptop to collect the coffee machine.

Tomorrow I am also meeting with a financial adviser to discuss how to best manage our family's future from a financial perspective. Hopefully she'll have some suggestions for the coming months as I plan to work on a part-time basis.

The kids received their interim reports today. I was amazed at their results, especially Ben who was given the top rating in all 10 areas of learning (never has he got even close to that in the past). Gabi was "..so proud of my big brother." Ben humbly said that he thought he was favourably rated in a couple of areas. That is certainly a sign of maturity on his part.

We had dinner at a dear friend's house, which turned into an early evening cricket match. It was fun for all involved.

See the next entry regarding a huge blessing from dear friends in Israel.