14 March 2010

Sun 14-Mar-10 (Vacation day #9)

Got to sleep around 1:00am. A group of young people who had been at a wedding since early afternoon returned to the site around 2:00am and were noisy until 4:00am. Very tempted to be a little over-noisy ourselves while they slept in.

We all headed to a nearby beach after checking-out, but the kids just wanted to go home. So we farewelled everyone and commenced the 3+hr drive. Stopped at Batemans Bay for lunch, then Braidwood for a treat (icecream for kids and coffee for me). I bumped into a former colleague who I first worked with in my current department. He is now retired and doing contract work for another department. We had only exchanged emails a few weeks ago when he heard about Maria through his son (who is currently posted overseas).

The remainder of the drive was fine, arriving home around 3:00pm. Since then I've been unpacking, washing/ironing uniforms and cleaning up. Unfortunately we arrived home to the fridge's freezer slightly ajar, so it frosted over. I'm grateful what was lost was not too significant (the kids would argue the tubs of ice cream were). It gave me an opportunity to give it a spring clean.

A relaxed evening. See how the week goes.