Ben was collected in the morning by his mate's dad and the three of them headed off to Canberra Airport for its Open Day. Gabi and I went to church (the first time in six weeks, given other events and our absences from Canberra).
We raced home and headed off for Gabi's school picnic. The kids ran around in the glorious weather (it has been 25-28 celsius with blue skies for the last few weeks) while the aduklts caught up. I was grateful to not only get to know a few people that little more, but to meet a few new people and spend some quality time with them. Ben was dropped off during the picnic and really enjoyed his time at the Airport.
We headed home and I started making preparations for tomorrow, being my return to work.
A dear brother came over in the evening and we had over an hour of fellowship and prayer. It was great to not only delve into prayer but to also chat about the Rugby on Friday (he was also at the Stadium) and general guy stuff.
With the new routine about to kick in, I know that Gabi will find it challenging as I'll be dropping off that little bit earlier but more importantly won't be hanging around (that's the part she loves). A couple of mums are taking the kids for separate play dates tomorrow afternoon, which will allow me to attend this late work briefing –– that's a huge blessing.
There has been quite a bit over the last week causing me some emotional drain (in a positive way). While I was hoping to be feeling charged at this moment (I'm at the other end of the spectrum - again not in a bad way), I am looking forward to the work challenge that lies ahead of me.