The kids woke coughing again, but otherwise seemed okay. After dropping them off at school I was at the bank sorting out some issues when I received a message from a "brother" who wanted to see whether I was able to catch up for lunch. Fortunately it was my quietest appointment day this week, so I took him up on his offer. It was a beautiful day and lovely to sit in the shade on the lake and enjoy conversation and the view.
I arranged a 6:30pm (last) appointment with our GP. We arrived on time to find we had a couple of people in front of us, including a dear friend. Our chat passed the time. Unfortunately we didn't get in until after 7:30pm. The kids were so patient, especially considering I hadn't bothered feeding them (what was going on in my head?).
The outcome was that Gabi's throat was a little red, but both their chests seemed fine. She gave me scripts in the event either of them had developments, but I'm hoping/praying we won't need it.
As we didn't leave until 8pm (Ben's bedtime and past Gabi's), I went to the McDonald's drive-through and treated them. They didn't get to sleep until nearly 9:00pm.
We'll be on the move early tomorrow as I have prayer time with Ben's teacher, followed by Ben's grade's school excursion (which I'm also going to take part in). I'm anticipating a long and fun day.