Many will be happy to read that albeit the coffee machine is now operational at home, I have limited myself to 1-2 cups per day. Yesterday it was only one. I took Ben out for afternoon tea today and abstained from consuming anything (but water) as I knew I'd have a coffee at small group this evening.
As we haven't had a holiday since December 2008 (our trip to Germany) we are all feeling the effects of a year that involved many changes, such as: Maria's diagnosis and treatment in Israel; packing home in Israel and the kids leaving school; a new school environment (Ben came back to the year below and it was Gabi's first school experience in Australia); a "new" home for the kids (Gabi especially had forgotten much about our home; unpacking and settling back into a different pace/environment; Maria's passing; and learning to live life as a family of three.
Consequently I've arranged to take the kids out of school starting this Friday afternoon for a week. We are heading to a lovely spot on the South Coast (even further south of Maria's parents). At the end of the week's holiday we'll head back up the coast towards home, where we'll stay with Effie/Brian/kids and another family (Ben and Gabi know their kids, so it should work out well). We'll be away for nine days in total. We'll see Maria's parents on the way down and as we head back up to meet with Ef & Brian.
Considering the topics of coffee and our upcoming break, I am assuming there won't be real coffee int he cabins where we're staying (I'll have to suss out the cafes in the area). It may be a positive experience all round. I know Gabi will especially be over the moon if I can't get access to coffee.