14 March 2010

Fri 12-Mar-10 (Vacation day #7, a couple of anniversaries)

We hit the road after cleaning the cabin, saying goodbye to the birds and returning the bikes. After a coffee stop in Cobargo (my third in a week) and a drive through the historic town of Central Tilba to show the kids where Maria and I had one of our great pre-kid holidays, we arrived at Maria's parents' home. The kids played so well together with old Lego and we lunched before the 20min drive to Tuross Lake. We were the first to arrive and settled into our brand new cabin. Effie and family arrived about an hour later with the other family. The boys hung out together kayaking on the lake, while the girls swam in the pool. Brian and I went out kayaking also, creating an opportunity to chat. It was also so peaceful yet good in the way of exercise.

It was Brian and Effie's wedding anniversary - congratulations to them. It was also the year anniversary of when we received Maria's diagnosis. One of the hardest days in the early part of the journey.

It has also been nice to acquaint ourselves with a 'new' (lovely) family in our lives and discuss cultural and faith issues with them (they originate from Sth Africa).  

It was nice to gave dinner all together and have the kids use our cabin for play (when they weren't night-kayaking. The grown-ups and my nephew Nick played card games until it was the kids' bedtime. I'm sure Ben and Gabi will sleep well. I thought the same would apply to me but it's now well after midnight and I'm typing in a complete awake state.