19 March 2010

"My Prayer" by Ben

Last night the three of us sat at the dinner table and discussed writing down prayer points (i.e. people/issues for us to focus pray on). Obviously this changes from time-to-time depending on the need, but there are those ongoing prayer points that we need to be a little more targeted. I'm very sporadic and want to bring some of Maria's planned discipline to our family prayer life.

Anyway, instead of listing those he wished to pray for (he actually did that this morning), Ben sat and in five minutes wrote his own prayer, titled, "My Prayer". I did not prompt or get involved in any of it. It was all written by Ben straight from his heart and I wanted to share it with you as to me it shows the "...heart of a child" that Jesus seeks in all of us. It blew me away.

My Prayer 
Dear God. Thank you for all the things you give to me like life, a family, food, freedom, school, friends, a nice teacher, nice class mates, playground, clean water, animals, plants, vegetables and heaps of other stuff. I pray that you will put your healing hand on all the people that are sick in the world and that you help me to get through these hard time and my family. In all your mighty name. Amen.