At the Vision men's retreat last week one of the challenges/encouragers mentioned before we had quiet time was whether we had a specific "life scripture" (a reference to examine your life in the light of scripture, how I'm fulfilling it or how I can fulfil it better).
I've been praying for it and it fell into my lap yesterday. Why? Because it covers the key qualities I am seeking in my life and will challenge me every day in reflection (i.e. not missing opportunities; showing conviction, courage and strength; but doing all things in love for others).
I wanted to share it with you and intend to chat with the kids to see whether they would be interested in adopting it as our family's "mission" or "vision" statement.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (Contemporary English Version - CEV)
Keep alert. Be firm in your faith. Stay brave and strong. Show love in everything you do.