04 March 2010

Thu 4-Mar-10 (Job, Parent/teacher interviews, Dinner)

I had a face-to-face meeting at work today to receive the offer to work in the position I outlined last night. My future boss and I had a long conversation about all aspects of the position, some changes recently made and the way ahead. I accepted the offer (I had already  spent some time speaking via phone with the person formally in the position). As our HR area needs to approve the move, I can't say much more about it until it is signed off. What I can confirm is whereever I end up working, my first day back will be Monday, 29-Mar-10.

I had interviews with Ben and Gabi's teachers today, which went very well.

We headed to the other side of town for dinner with friends of Maria's parents and their daughter-in-law (their son passed away a few years ago), all who we've known for some years. Ben, Gabi and I enjoyed the Greek food prepared for the night (the kids ate like I have never fed them!). It meant the kids were late to bed.

Although it's only 11pm, I'm off to bed as we will be up early to start packing for our trip. I'll finalise the packing after dropping off the kids, but won't have a great deal of time as I will leave home before lunch to collect them from school and head straight off.

Won't be blogging over the next week. Will have email and phone access via my mobile. Just not sure what type of service we'll have where we're going.