23 March 2010

Tue 23-Mar-10 (School excursion)

I was supposed to start the day with an early arrival at school to pray with Ben's teacher as part of my role as the Class Parent. This was to be our first (planned for every 2nd Tuesday), but unfortunately Ben's teacher called me at home in the morning to say that he was suffering a migraine and would not be able to make it, which also included missing the excursion. 

The class kids were disappointed that he was not to be present on the day, but it all went well. I teamed up with one of the dads I hadn't met before. I was happy to be the driver, providing he could oblige with helping me to carry the class lunch bags and drink bottles. This time in my car (as well as the hour wait-around at the end of the day) gave us some time in both directions to get to know each other a little. 

The weather was glorious (as you'll see from the photo of one of the telescopes) and the kids in my group were fine. I could see that Ben really appreciated me being around. The kids also got to see the 70m diameter telescope move as the staff member who manages it, including its maintenance is a father of one of the kids who was present.