31 March 2010

Tue 30-Mar-10 (work, Ben, juxtaposed emotions)

It's now after 12:30am and I have just finished work for tonight. I didn't get to start until nearly 9:30pm as Ben needed one-on-one time, which meant reading him an entire Asterix book and chatting. He is a little emotional at present.

Quick summary of the day so I can get some sleep:


  • Prayer time with Ben's teacher was encouraging.
  • Work day in the office went well.
  • Two workplace assessors came to examine my home work areas and to make certain recommendations.
  • As mentioned, some emotions from the kids this evening, especially Ben, about missing Maria.
There is a real juxtaposition between my emotions where I am witnessing God's miraculous power firsthand through the healing and restoration of others, against the harsh realisation that part of the reason for these "events" is Maria's illness and my continued recording of our journey. So many things have happened in the last week that have been mind-blowing to me as a Christian, but not to have Maria to share it with or for her to see the fruits, can at times be crushing. Thankfully He is there to pick me up and continue to carry me. 

Further to the previous paragraph, if you're wondering why I have elaborated on the events, it is out of respect for people's privacy that I am not willing to.