18 March 2010

Maria's handwritten notes found!

After finishing the previous entry, I went to the filing cabinet to start the search for the letters Maria had written to us (mentioned in the linked entry) on June 14, 2009––the night before her second brain surgery.

I pulled out everything from the bottom drawer and started to rummage through folders when I came across them safe and sound tucked inside one of the kids' folders of drawings. I must have put them there for safekeeping but can't recall it. 

Reading through them was highly emotional for me. I'll probably try to read them to Ben and Gabi tonight. I have never read them to the kids before as I felt as peace about Maria making it through her surgery and because of the content, wanted to hold off until a time such as now.

I'm at such peace having found the letters. Thanks be to God.