I have recently received a couple of emails from loved ones here and overseas who have apologised for their lack of contact since Maria went home to be with the Lord. Their key issue has been their own grief that they are going through. There are a few others (primarily overseas) who we haven't heard from either since Maria's passing. I also have had a few people express their guilt for not having helped our family during and since Maria's journey ended on Earth.
This entry is to say that I truly and completely understand what you are going through, so please DO NOT FEEL GUILTY. This will foster only negative thoughts that leads to a path of destruction.
As I said in a recent email response to a loved one, everyone has their own lives and issues to deal with, so for this reason things should not revolve around us.
Our Lord Jesus Christ has given the three of us the strength to get through every day and to experience the peace that surpasses all understanding. Without Him, we would have drowned in grief and anger. We are not fully restored and never will be as we have experienced such a loss that cannot be filled or replace. However, God has given us Himself and with that "hope". Hope that we will be eternally united with Him and reunited with Maria.
My prayer for those of you experiencing your own grief (whether it be because of Maria's passing or another loss of some description) is that you will hold onto Jesus and have what we have in our lives. He does it for us, so I know He can (and will) do it for you.