3:10am. Screen door of cabin 21 suddenly banging. Also noticed car interior light on. Cannot find our car keys. Really strong winds may be cause. Going to investigate. I love Ben and Gabi very much.
3:17am. Keys still in ignition. Interior light had also been turned on. Engine fortunately started. Praise God! Couple of roos feeding next to cabin. Didn't run off as I expected. Neighbour's door must have blown back closed. Checked it. Will I fall asleep now? I only fell asleep just after 1:00am, but hadn't slept that well in the two short hours.
We had a lazy morning. In fact it was quite cool so I read to the kids in my bed. Ben has named a few of the Rainbow Lorikeets and seems to be able to recognise them. Played minigolf. Ben won this time (I won the previous game) and Gabi again scored the most hole-in-ones with 4. We went in the paddle boats and had a fight with the reeds at one point, but recovered a few golf balls to make up for the extra time it took us to get back. The kids have been better with helping on the clean-up front. More tennis and swimming this afternoon.
Made a popular spaghetti bolognese while we watched Treasure Island. Had a brief Bible Study before bed. As Gabi had opened up earlier in the day about her anger at God for taking their Mummy from them, i opened this for discussion Ben shared his anger How do you argue or play it down? You don't, especially when I experience the same reality. I spoke with them about the importance to talk to God the Father about how you feel. I expect the same when it comes to me as their father. Also told them I have these types of struggles and it's my faith I hold onto, even though we don't see the perfection in this part of His plan. Also told them that part of Maria's no more pain and suffering is that she doesn't live in time so when we next see her it would have been like a second to her. That vision is one of those intensely bright stars seen when walking through the darkness. In fact it tends to stand out that much more in pitch blackness.
I told the kids that i love them so much and they are the most precious things to me on Earth and I am amazed at how they are coping, considering.