This afternoon we took the kids with us for therapy. Ben was a little resistant, which is understandable as it can be boring. However, the kids are very good at occupying themselves and did so again tonight. Enroute to the Cancer Centre, we stopped at the Children's Hospital building around the corner of this masssive complex and took a few photos.
We arrived for Maria's treatment with a hand-made card and Max Brenner chocolates for the radiotherapy technicians, who have been nothing short of a huge blessing to us (this goes for all the staff of the Hospital that we have come into contact with). At this point, I should say for the benefit of my work colleagues who read the blog that I went shopping and bought these gifts for the ladies separately. They gave us a lovely Max Brenner hamper this morning—no way was I about to give up our chocolate!
We also had a photo with some of the ladies between patients. There are others who we hopefully will meet up again before we leave.
Tomorrow Maria has another blood test. We will squeeze in for her final radiotherapy session so we can be home at a reasonable time. It will also be helpful as the school is having a picnic dinner and bonfire to celebrate Lag BaOmer. I know that Maria has a few things that she'd like to ceremonially burn, but she won't be up to attending. What I recall from last year's celebration was that it was hazy across the country with all those bonfires.