20 May 2009

Mon 18-May-09 (uplift on a hot day)

It was a very hot day. Kathy took Maria as the removalists came in. They did a great job (I’ll wait to see how it arrives at the other end). The day went quite smoothly, although I seem to have damaged something in my right shoulder blade. Let’s hope it is temporary and passes.

After they left, Maria was brought home. I decided to grab a quick nap. I went into a two-hour deep sleep, even missing a call when the phone was sitting beside me.

Ben and Gabi returned around dinner time. Both were exhausted after being at the park in the afternoon to have cake for Yarden’s birthday. Her birthday is actually not for a while, but she insisted on having a party with Gabi present. Both feel asleep pretty quickly and seemed to have missed us (feedback from respective carers). We missed them both greatly. Not to have seen Gabi for 3½ days was a first (hasn’t even happened with Ben to date). Not seeing Ben for most of that time was equally challenging for us.