After taking Ben for an X-ray first thing to look at his adenoids and any other potential obstruction issue, I got him home and sorted out before he headed off for a play date with Matthew while we went to the hospital for Maria’s CT scan.
There was a multi-casualty accident (requiring scans), which delayed Maria’s CT. We were told just before she went in that a line would be inserted into her arm and a contrast injected. As we hadn’t had prior notice to prepare Maria with ‘Emla’, we prayed fervently about minimal time and pain. When she finally went in, it only seemed a couple of minutes (it was less than five) when she returned. She said they didn’t need to insert a line—prayers answered.
Kathy was able to have Ben for another sleepover (I could see the excitement in Ben’s face when he passed in the evening to collect a few things). Gabi was also staying for another night. I told her on the phone that she’d need to send a photo to me of her, as I was beginning to forget what she looked like!
As I saw the massive task ahead trying to finish preparations for the removalists, I sent out a “mini SOS” SMS. Jo and Eileen came to the rescue, which was a huge blessing. They left quite late and I continued, until 3:15am. I had a short sleep to get things ready and Maria out the door before the removalists’ arrival.