On arrival in Jerusalem I went to a colleague's home to collect something from him (thanks Ben). From there I went to the Israel Museum to marvel at the scale model (1:50) of Jerusalem in the 2nd temple period (66 A.D.). It was warm in the 29 degree heat. I didn't have my 8MP camera with me, so I had to put the 3.2MP phone camera to work, again.


The key exhibit I wanted to see was the Shrine of the Book, holding the Dead Sea Scrolls and other items located at Qumran. Of particular interest to me was the Great Isaiah Scroll, written around 100 B.C., comprising of 66 chapters on a 7+ metre sewn together piece of parchment. Also of interest was the 10th-century Aleppo Codex, which is the oldest "complete" Bible in Hebrew.
I was so happy I went to the museum as I had put it off for so long. No photos permitted inside, so I only have exterior photos to share.


Not wanting to have Maria alone for too long I headed back home. Took me half the time (45mins) coming back.
Gabi went for a playdate while I collected Ben and prepared him for the Ear/Nose/Throat (ENT) specialist's appointment. It relates to some ongoing issues I want to resolve, especially prior to travel. He was very resistant because he has in his mind that he was to be operated on there and then. We had to wait around for a while to be seen. Ben will have an X-ray on Sunday morning to see whether his adenoids have grown back. He has some other issues regarding his nose and throat that may require intervention both now and in his adult life. The doctor was able to also able to provide some medications to assist with our upcoming travel.
Both kids are very excited about their separate sleepovers they will be having tomorrow evening.
I feel like I have picked up since this morning. The only issue at present is that me tooth is very sensitive to cold at the moment.