It was a great, yet emotional time seeing our brothers and sisters in our congregation. We used it as an opportunity to say farewell to the as it is possible we won’t get back over the coming weeks.
It was a blessing to also farewell dear friends; Brian & Martha who head back to the US...
...and Ms Katherine (Kathy's mum).
I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit in an intense way when we (and our other brothers/sisters who are leaving Israel) were prayed over. I found tears pouring from me eyes uncontrollably without weeping (that came when I spoke briefly afterwards). Even Gabi (who was on my lap) was a bit unsure about what was happening to me. It’s the first time I think I’ve shed tears for quite a while, which was probably just after Maria’s diagnosis in mid-March.
I certainly don't recall ever getting a smile for the numerous massages I gave Maria (usually just abuse). Kathy, you have the magic touch.