14 May 2009

Wed 13-May-09 (Wedding Anniversary, health issues)

This is probably the earliest entry I've written in a while.

While the house was being cleaned today, I took Maria out for breakfast at Rishpon. It was nice, although I started to feel a little weak. From reading the blog heading, some may have been concerned that there were some further health issues for Maria. Well, you can relax. It is actually referring to me!

As the day progressed, I found myself feeling like my strep throat when "run down" was kicking in. During this time I had a dentist's appointment. After the needle, I found I could feel a little of the work being done. I put it down to the illness coming on (once had a similar experience). However, when the drilling commenced the cavity was larger than it appeared on the x-ray and the dentist realised this when he hit the nerve. I made a small noise and curled my toes. After he finished a comprehensive job, he told me that I would need root canal treatment. He hoped what he did may last a year or more, but it could flare tomorrow. He gave me his mobile number as he appreciates the limited time I have, should this teeth cause problems before our departure.

Fortunately our good friend and doctor, Harvey, was able to come by and examine my throat. By this evening I was able to get to the pharmacist and get the antibiotics. I need to travel to Jerusalem tomorrow, so I'm praying I pull up okay in the morning.

While chatting with Harvey, the kids went exploring by walking on a maze of wall tops from our house around part of the neighbourhood. I have explained to them that should they fall into someone's yard, then they become that person's property. Ben and Gabi have come across all types of security systems, but as you can see from the photo they are armed and ready (hard to see the handgun tucked in the back of Gabi's pants). As you can see, life in Israel is wearing off on them!

We had a lovely dinner (thanks Thresea) and yummy cupcakes (thanks Kathy C.).

Maria and I are planning to go out for dinner on Friday evening to celebrate while the kids have sleepovers. This will allow us to continue working on packing the house throughout Saturday.

My eyes are burning and straining, so I might head off to get some rest.