10 May 2009

Fri 8-May-09 (long breakfast)

As I hit the button to publish last night’s entry my laptop shut down. After a close examination I found the power pack appears to have blown.

I kept Ben home as he was a little better, having made his bed, got dressed and set the table for breakfast all by 0630. He was still a little weak so it was better to be safe as tomorrow we are all going to church, which will be held at our dear friends’ home followed by a long lunch.

While Ben and Maria rested, I went off and had breakfast with a dear brother, Mark. We ended up hanging out for three hours and did some serious sharing while having some great laughs—an overall awesome time of fellowship. Afterwards I went to try and find a replacement power pack for the laptop. Unfortunately being a Friday meant Dell was closed. Fortunately another dear brother was able to loan me one of his for the weekend (thanks Chris).

We had a reasonably good afternoon and relaxed evening. Gabi was overcome with stomach pains and nausea for a short time, but seemed to bounce back.

Maria continues to have some head pain, mainly on the right side, which I’ll be keeping an eye on.