I planned to go to bed after the previous entry, but had an urge to write this - not sure why.
Anyway, in an earlier blog entry titled "How is Troy?", I mentioned that I would include the occasional random entry either on: (a) one of us; (b) an issue; or (c) even just a bit of preaching from the heart. While typing my previous blog the phrase "It's not about us" was etched on my heart. So, that's what I'm going to call my faith sharing tid-bits..."It's not about us".
It's important to be completely honest upfront as that's a key factor in all relationships. I intend to scribe these future tid-bits to give you some more insight into; (a) what I believed and why; (b) spiritually where I've come from and where I am now; and (c) most importantly, to share what I consider to be the good news about my personal saviour, Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach). Don't worry, I'm not here to force anything on you (that's another important aspect about relationship). I feel very strongly driven that I owe it to everyone to let you know how I cope with this situation we find ourselves in.
I know some of you out there reading this are from different faiths, mindsets, or are completely apathetic to what you may think are "religious ramblings". I can sense some of you starting to move uncomfortably in your seats about now. I remember cringing when I heard the word "religion" once upon a time. Anyway, I don't want to come across as arrogant but I've been there and done all that, from dabbling in all sorts of mysticism until my late teens when I self-diagnosed as an 'atheist'. This lasted until eight years ago when I discovered what I believe is "the truth".
I encourage y'all (picking up the local lingo from my American friends from the south) to hang in there and watch this space. I don't bite, won't make you sell your house, nor receive any commissions for this!