Although the kids were up early as usual, we were very slow out of the blocks today. I had to take Ben to a doctor's appointment with our favourite doctor (Harvey). Enroute, the three of us (Maria stayed at home) called my mum to wish her a happy birthday.
After Ben's appointment (btw it's something I'm getting checked out - he is not ill), we went across the road to the yoghurt shop 'Lavan' (translates to 'white') for a delicious healthy frozen yoghurt.
After returning home I took Gabi over to play on the "Wii" with our dear friend Jo (long story behind this). It was greatly appreciated, especially as she (i.e. Jo) was flying out of the country only a few hours later.
We took the kids with us to the hospital after Maria's four day break because of machine upgrades. We arrived just before her 6:20pm timeslot to find the reception waiting area was packed. When checking in I was told that because of diagnostic upgrades, everything was moving at a slower pace. As Maria had seven in front of her, they estimated it would be an hour (I felt that was possible, but perhaps generous). We went for a walk to the pharmacy as we had to collect some medication.
When we got back (over half an hour later), Maria discovered it was "...still probably another hour." We ate, the kids and I played on the computers (and Ben played with his Lego also) while Maria read a little. The kids were great and really patient.
Maria checked on the technicians, acknowledging they must have had a long day. They told her the upgrades are to help the physicists/physicians with analysing data but it does not affect the therapy itself. Obviously no real benefit to the technicians while they work through this teething period.
We left the hospital at 8:30pm (3 hours after leaving home for the hospital) and got home around 9:00pm. It was far too long (hard on the kids), but seems to have been a trend for us over the past couple of weeks for one reason or another.
Maria has only two more days of chemotherapy (last dose on Tuesday), but not sure exactly when the radiotherapy will finish due to deferrals of a couple of sessions last week. We anticipate it will either be this Friday or Sunday. We should get the final week's adjusted schedule tomorrow.
Tomorrow morning will not be much fun trying to drag Gabi out of bed and into action. I know Ben will be on the move early as he has one of those types of body clocks.