We went to work to see everyone and took the kids with us. The morning tea put on was delicious. It was nice just to hang out and chat with colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere. There is so much I’ve learned since Maria’s illness and wish that I had my time over again at work as I would have approached the first few months of my job in a completely different way with more focus on relationship building, rather than just solely focused on the job at hand. I’m a slow learner! I wish them all the best and know that they are in good hands.
BTW, I got that photo of me in what was my office. I know it's difficult to see, but if you look at the photo just above my head, the bit of land jutting out to sea is the famous Jaffa. The tinted glass does not do the photo any justice. It's much better to see it with the naked eye.
Ben and Gabi were looked after with many treats. The sugar boost put Gabi into hyper-drive, keeping a few people on their toes trying to distract her when they had a spare moment (thanks Eyal, Debbie, Meital, Trish, Claudia, David). Ben was a little more subdued and happy to cruise around “exploring”. We were there for four hours, so by the time we headed home we had all hit a wall. Maria was feeling a bit more head pain in the car, which was exacerbated by the 70min drive home (compared to only 20mins coming in).
I was straight in and out the door again to collect Cashmere as she had provided us a gourmet Asian feast for dinner. As we had just come back from taking a whole heap of photos, I had my camera handy and took a shot, just to show everyone how spoilt and truly blessed we’ve been. Thanks to everyone who has provided us with a meal or snack at some stage. It has all been 5-star!