In the evening we arrived at the hospital for therapy. As Ben was at tennis lessons, we decided to take Gabi with us. Among 'Dog' (her favourite toy), she brought along her class's bottlenose dolphin 'webkinz' called "Dipper". Gabi was the first to take Dipper home for four days along with a journal to write of their adventures. Well, this was extra special as Gabi knew there wasn't going to be anyone else in her class (we pray) who get to see someone in Radiotherapy. We even took a photo to prove it (which Gabi has printed for the class). I'll wait to speak with Maria before publishing it. In the interim I have added one of Gabi with Dipper in the kids' play area in the Cancer Centre.
it was great having Gabi there as I was able to go into the therapy room and see them lay Maria down, attach her mask and line her up with lasers (like something out of Star Wars) before we had to leave. For Gabi this was her second time seeing this in as many visits. I have been to all visits and have never been allowed into the inner sanctum...until now.