22 April 2009

Sun 12-Apr-09 (Easter Sunday, back to radiotherapy)

We spent the morning celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach)—including an egg hunt—before I did a drive up north to drop the kids off for a play date with good friends.

Maria and I had a bit of a day ahead, having to meet with the Head of Radiation Oncology Dept to discuss Maria’s progress. It was agreed that we would taper down the steroids again as we stopped during our trip as Maria was rightly concerned that she didn’t want to suffer any adverse effects at that time. We are aiming to nearly halve the dose of steroids over the next two weeks.

Maria was squeezed in for her radiotherapy. After returning home and dinner, I did the late drive up north to get the kids. They had an awesome time and were completely exhausted.

We are really starting to notice Maria’s hair loss in the areas where the radiation is being targeted.