We went out to the hospital, but although we arrived early it was absolutely packed! We were there nearly an hour before Maria was treated. I don’t know if I’m imagining things, but Maria looked better when she emerged from her session. She seemed to have a little more colour in her face. She also has had a slight larger gap in pain medication.
We now have a four-day break from radiotherapy, although the chemo continues. We will still go to the hospital on Thursday to have Maria’s final blood test for this treatment cycle.
This evening the kids and I went to our local park to celebrate Yom HaAtzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day), which is officially tomorrow. The kids enjoyed all the blow-up castles and fireworks.
We got icecreams before heading home only a couple of hours ago (about 10:30pm) as the kids were exhausted and ready to leave and I had terrible hay-fever. Fortunately the park was a casual 5min stroll, as by the time we arrived home my allergy had developed into mild asthma. A combination of spray, a tablet and Ventolin seems to have taken the edge off it for now.
Tomorrow there are things happening all over the place. The kids and I may go to a BBQ, check out a parade or just hang out at home. It will be sunny and 27-30. It’s hard to think of returning to Canberra as apparently there were snow flurries last weekend in the area where the kids will be going to school (five minutes from home). Far too early for that!!