08 April 2009

Wed 1-Apr-09 (School excursion)

It was Ben and Gabi’s final school field trip (excursion), which was to an Orange Grove (30-40 minutes north of us) that is filled with lots of fun activities. I drove (in the event I had to get back to Maria in a hurry), following the coach Ben and Gabi were on. A lot of their friends went in vehicles or didn’t come, so I was proud of Ben when he decided to sit with Gabi to keep her company.

The three of us had lots of fun, while Maria hung out with Kathy. I have a few photos to share, including one of my soaked jeans (hard to see) when I doubled up on a kayak with Ben and later with Gabi.
On the way back, Gabi was happy to stay with her teachers, while Ben travelled with me.

When we got back to the school, the kids had the choice to stay or go. Gabi chose to stay and ended up being the only one in her class. She pretended to be a teacher and prepared work on the blackboard (that is 'so' Gabi). Ben chose to be with me. After changing my jeans, we went to the local 'square' and bought a mammoth pizza. Ben ate half of it. I ate a little and put the rest aside for Gabi.

In the evening Maria had a radiotherapy session, as we finished week one of her six week concomitant radio/chemo. I was well over driving by the end of that day.