08 March 2009

Sat 7-Mar-09 (bad night, sick mum, lunch out, Ben unwell)

I'm currently having a number of IT glitches, so I'm trying to make this brief and get it out before everything falls over.

I woke to an email this morning from Brian (Effie's husband) letting us know that Maria/Effie's mum woke this morning with palpitations and was in atrial fibrillation. She was admitted for observation, seemed to settle and later released. We are keeping her in our prayers.

Maria had very little sleep overnight. I took the kids to church while she tried to catch-up on that much needed rest. After church, Ben and Gabi headed to lunch (mentioned in yesterday's entry) with others while I travelled home to collect Maria and Effie. It was nice for Maria to catch up with so many people. It did wear her down. She lasted nearly two hours, which I was very impressed with. After returning home, she had a bit of rest. She and Effie are now watching a DVD (Second-hand Lions?). I think Maria is going to get right through it, which is impressive considering how exhausted she appears after limited brain stimulation.

When Ben was dropped off to us later, he was under the weather,
complaining of fatigue and a sore throat. We'll add him to the list of casualties. Tomorrow the US Embassy is having a "Cheeseburger In Paradise" night. I was supposed to assist on the Coke Float with our Men's group from church but will have to pass. Providing Ben is up to it, he and Gabi will probably go with friends. We will need them distracted should our appointment proceed...

...the Neurosurgeon plans to call me in the morning to advise whether the results are in so we can meet (at this stage 13:30) to learn of the prognosis. We are praying fervently and selfishly for Maria's healing or a positive result, as I know many others are as well. We know that so many of you may have your own issues to contend with as part of everyday life, so we have valued your contact and prayers greatly.

If the meeting proceeds, tomorrow evening's entry will either be the easiest or most difficult one for me to compose. Until then...