28 March 2009

Fri 27-Mar-09 (another bad night, virus, David's visit)

Maria barely slept, yet again. She struggled throughout the day, particularly with a cough, which had further developed overnight and was now combined with an irritated throat.

We arranged a home visit by our doctor and friend, Harvey. Maria was diagnosed with a virus, which is a far better outcome that an infection.

Ben and Gabi had a long play date with school friends (thank Michal), which freed us up to have Maria assessed and to give her some rest time. It also gave us time to spend with our dear friend David—some of you would recall his wife Cindy and daughter Isobella were involved in serious vehicle accident here just over a year ago. It was great to see him and get a current update on how things were progressing back in the US. Although our circumstances are different, we were able to share stories regarding management of our respective obstacles.

Maria and I had a very long walk later in the afternoon, which wore her out. I went to a local cafe to get her a well deserved 'reward' for her efforts.

The kids crashed out pretty quickly from their big day. I gave Maria a lengthy massage to alleviate her shoulder and back pain. Unfortunately I'm pretty useless when it comes to being an effective Masseuse. If she does get a good sleep, it won't be related to my efforts!


Another evening finished with me crying out to God for sleep and relief for Maria.

Shabbat Shalom!