06 March 2009

Thu 5-Mar-09 (sleep, haircut, walks)


Maria had her best sleep yet last night. With some renewed vigour she decided to have her hair cut (after six years of growing it to its current length). Effie did the honours. I took a few photos and video snippets of the event. It took me back to when Maria decided to undergo the surgery. She told the Neurosurgeon she had a concern she wanted to share with him, explaining that she had spent 700 shekels only two weeks before to have it trimmed and highlighted!
Perhaps the haircut inspired her (or it felt like a weight off her shoulders - pardon the pun) to walk to a Cafe about 1km from home. We (Effie included) took it nice and easy, with the last 200m (slightly uphill) being the most difficult. Maria enjoyed her hot chocolate, but did not feel she would be able to make the return journey. It was looking like a piggy-back may be in order. Just then a dear friend pulled into a car space virtually next to the cafe as she was out shopping for ingredients for a dinner she was preparing for guess who... It was awesome timing as we were able to hitch a ride home (thanks Prim).

I went into work for a little while in the afternoon. Maria napped for about an hour. After I brought Ben & Gabi home from school, Maria decided we should head to the park Ben escorted her half the way (see photo). Anyway, I'm hoping with all the activity today that she will sleep well tonight.
I spoke with the Neurosurgeon this evening and he was waiting to hear from the Pathologist as to whether the results were ready. He will call me between now and Sunday morning, with a view to meet at 13:30 local time on Sunday afternoon (providing the results are in). For those of you out there praying, please make Sunday your focus as for us it is the key day. We know that God is in control of the situation and His perfect plan will be revealed. Regardless of what that may be, I continue to hold Maria up and petition for a miracle. I have no doubt there will be a miracle(s) in this situation, but acknowledge that it/they may not come about according to my wishes.
I'm sitting here reading a detailed booklet put out by the Cancer Council of New South Wales (Australia), called "Understanding Brain Tumours - A guide for people with brain or spinal cord tumours and their families and friends." I have been undertaking other (limited) research, but find this very informative as it is "dumbed-down" for someone just like me. I think I'll finish it in bed (i.e. on the lounge).