15 March 2009

Sat 14-Mar-09 (a mixed day)

I'm going to keep this brief as I feel quite under the weather.

After writing last night's entry I went to sleep on my favourite lounge feeling not so well. I woke up a couple of hours later to see Maria accessing the computer and at that time my throat was very painful and I had the start of fever and body aches. That progressively got worse into the morning. Effie and the kids got a lift to church while Maria and I lazed around the house.

Most of the time I was passed out so I'm not sure what Maria was getting up to, so I needed to ask her tonight. Apparently the first half of her day was good, but the second part was a bit of a struggle.

We have an appointment with our doctor tomorrow, so hopefully we can sort a few things out, including getting me checked out so I can get back on track to care for Maria and the kids.

Tonight the three of us went out to dinner with Mark and Kathy to a seafood restaurant on our local beach. We all felt a bit like we could easily have beached ourselves as whales afterwards. I wasn't up to it at all, but we all had a wonderful time. Maria took her headscarf off as it was bothering her, which aroused interest (stares) from staff and other patrons, but we took no real notice.

Kids have just arrived home (9:15pm) and will hopefully sleep in tomorrow. I'm off to bed (i.e. my special lounge).