Firstly, what I didn't get to mention was that last night some dear friends came to visit. Two of our friends sang and played music, which was a huge blessing to all those present (thanks Doug and Megan). I'm sorry I missed it.
Effie and Brian's pastor, Gary, came up today and spent some time with me, Maria, Effie and her parents. That was a lovely blessing. Gary has also agreed to host Maria's funeral service. It's very strange to talk about such things.
Maria's breathing, skin temperature and colour suggests to those here that Maria's body is shutting down. They don't know how long things will be now, but said that it could be as early as tonight but could go on for days. I made sure Ben, Gabi and I had some quality time with Maria, chatting about the good and funny times.
She slept all day and continues to be unresponsive. In the last couple of hours her breathing is more laboured and her eye are slightly open. They have been giving her more breakthroughs to relax her and help open her lungs as there is some mucus that is too deep to reach with suction.
A few friends have come throughout the day, with one dear friend Mel is staying overnight with me (thanks Paul for releasing her).
They are managing her pain very well. That is my primary concern.