I went to bed @ about 2am, but then spent a while longer reading through all the Memory box notes, cards, letters. It was emotional, but nice to do. For anyone who couldn't be at the service and would like to be included, please feel free (no compulsion) to email me any memories you have of Maria that impacted on you. It doesn't have to be tomorrow either as it will take me at least a number of weeks to compile them for the purpose of creating a book so I can give Ben and Gabi their own copies for their Memory boxes (that Maria started with them).
My Tante Anita (a very long-time family friend, who admittedly I haven't seen for some years) had her funeral service today in Sydney. I have been praying that it went as smoothly as possible.
The first week at school is drawing to an end. The kids seemed to have settled in well. I appreciate it's only the first week, but is a real blessing when you consider recent events. Ben even received a notation in his diary that he has been very focused all week. That really is impressive!
My dear friend Vivienne spent the latter half of the day here before school pick-ups, helping me sort some things out around the house. She also told me about the number of people who have contacted her in order to provide practical support where possible. We three are really appreciative of everyone's expression of love for our family.