18 February 2010

Thu 18-Feb-10 (Ethan update, Mark & Cass expecting, green tea!!)

Ethan arrives home late this afternoon and appeared to be doing well. In fact he had the strength to play the Wii. The next week is a critical time so I guess he'll be taking it nice and easy.

My sister-in-law Cass is pregnant! I eluded to good news last week, but could not divulge it until now. I am very excited for Mark & Cass, yet carry that sadness of not being able to share it with Maria and that she won't get to meet her future nephew/niece.

I am sitting here writing cards and notes with a pot of green tea! Why, you ask?? Well, this morning I discovered the pump for the steam wand was not working. It worked without a problem when I had my previous cup at 2:00am. A courier collected it this afternoon and it is to be shipped all the way to Nowra for repair. I have no idea how long it will be before it comes back. My brother Mark suggested I use my Bialetti in the meantime and my dear friend Kathryn loaned me a frothing device this afternoon. Believe it or not, it is now 9:30pm and I haven't had a coffee since my 2:00am dose! For those of you who know me well, that is some stint. No headaches.......yet.