20 February 2010

Sat 20-Feb-10 (Ethan update, "anniversaries", ongoing sleep problems)

We spent most of the day at Gabi's dear friend Rachel's birthday party in a beautiful park. The weather was gorgeous and everyone seemed to have a fun time.

In the afternoon we visited Ben's mate Matt's home to borrow some DVDs. Ethan seems to be doing okay from a pain perspective, but again your ongoing prayer is appreciated as there will be an X-ray and review next Thursday to see whether the manipulation was sufficient. The specialists apparently didn't appear too confident. Karen and Jason asked me to pass on their thanks for your prayers. They certainly felt a sense of peace, which carried them through a stressful wait in hospital. They are certainly not out of the woods, so thanks again in advance for your prayers over them all.

Today is one month since Maria went to be with the Lord. It doesn't get any easier as tomorrow is a year to the day when Maria fell ill, which led to her subsequent hospitalisation in Israel. It was also the day that we had attended a church meeting earlier in the day (again, this was our congregation in Israel) after being asked to be part of the core leadership team. For obvious reasons that never eventuated. Having to recount chronologies etc. on many occasions throughout the journey, many dates and events are indelibly burnt into my memory.

In the morning I will take the kids to the cemetery for breakfast before church.

Still having problems sleeping. Went to bed at 3:00am this morning, then struggled for the few hours I was in bed. I think it's a whole range of reasons, but I'm not stressed about it.

I have struggled only a little from coffee withdrawal. Yesterday afternoon I had headaches which couldn't been alleviated with pain relief, but a cafe coffee did the trick. Today I've avoided coffee completely and have been fine.