By Saturday I was again fighting nausea, headaches and fatigue. I drove Ben to a birthday party on the other side of town, held at "Zone 3", which I could best describe as an indoor laser version of paintball. I came home to have a rest to shake off the nausea before heading back. When I came home I found Maria and Gabi had been into the make-up in a big way. They took a heap of photos of themselves and asked me to finish off their "photo shoot" for them. It was very sweet and will be an awesome memory for Gabi. Here are a few examples of their exploits.
Sunday was generally an easy day. Maria's parents popped through in the morning to wish us a happy birthday whilst enroute to a function at the Hellenic Club (near to us).
The kids got me to play cricket and football with them in the afternoon. I wasn't feeling well at all by the end of it, but it was worth the effort. I have attached a "video highlights package" from our cricket match, which I hope works.
Today Maria and I visited her Oncologist. He was really happy with how she looked. Her blood test from last week showed perfect scores again, indicating as has always been the case she copes perfectly well with the chemo. We collected her next dose. This next cycle (her third) will start next Monday. As Maria is having her MRI next Tuesday and he is off to Germany for a conference a week or so later, he has asked that we contact him a couple of days later to discuss the MRI outcome. Praying for something very special.
This is the last day of winter in the southern hemisphere. I have to say that it doesn't quite feel like it to me—the icy winds may have something to do with it. That said, the flowers are budding and blooming.