I normally cook bacon and eggs on the BBQ for breakfast on Sundays, but broke away from that tradition today to cook pancakes instead, which I had prepared during one of the breaks in the cricket last night. After breakfast I prepared my messages and music selection for home church.
Our service went well. The kids started off by performing a small skit they put together shortly beforehand. I delivered my usual two interactive mini-messages with contemporary worship music in between. We also did our weekly communion.
Maria has become more fatigued of late and struggled with some additional headaches last night, which could have been a result of the fatigue from yesterday's interview. She went for a rest after lunch and is still asleep as I type. I decided to take this opportunity to cover this quiet day for us (albeit it's not yet over) while waiting for a load of washing to finish. The kids have been occupying themselves singing and performing to Colin Buchanan background tracks. I took some video and a photo of them in action. Here is the photo.
Maria will commence her next cycle of chemotherapy tomorrow night. We're praying that the increased dose will not only work, but has no (or minimal at worst) side effects. Her parents will visit briefly tomorrow before her Dad has a tooth surgically removed. My parents may come through for a brief visit on Tuesday or Wednesday while travelling back from being with our sister-in-law Cass and her family. Cass' father's funeral takes place @ 2:00pm tomorrow. For those prayer warriors out there, I'd be grateful for you joining us in praying across tomorrow, particularly that everything will run smoothly during this time of sadness, reflection and opportunity to enjoy the legacy that Max has left behind.