What a way to finish off my birthday yesterday! Firstly, Gabi's vomiting continued throughout the night and only subsided mid-morning. The pain for me was compounded by Australia relinquishing the Ashes to England in the cricket. It will be an unforgettable birthday when I look back on it in the future.
Dad and Mum drove down from the Central Coast (387km away) to visit. They left very early and arrived around 9:30am. We enjoyed the time together with them, especially the lunch Mum prepared.
I took their visit as an opportunity to have a service done on our dear friend's car that we have borrowed for such a long time (thanks Paul and Mel). While I was out with Dad, Maria decided to give Gabi a cup of tea. The problem was that she put milk in it. Gabi drank about 1/3 of a cup, but brought up triple that! She finally got some sleep in the afternoon.
We recently returned from the doctor. Gabi has been diagnosed with gastroenteritis, which will keep her away from school tomorrow and possibly Wednesday. She is now focused on being well enough to perform at the school's first evening performance on Wednesday night. Here's praying.
We took a few photos with Dad and Mum before they headed off to my brother Mark's home in Sydney. As you can see, Gabi's not feeling entirely thrilled about the photo shoot.Maria is currently sleeping. As I only need to heat up leftover lunch for tonight's dinner and want to get in an early night as I was up with Gabi all night, I thought I'd take this window of opportunity to prepare this entry.
We also bought a car from other dear friends. The four of us are so excited! Here are a couple of photos I took only minutes ago. It will be a huge blessing for our family and we look forward to following in Michael and Vivienne's footsteps by being good custodians of it. Apologies for the quick dodgy job on covering the number plates.