We went out to do a little shopping in the morning. I left Maria and the kids at the shopping centre so they could do a little birthday shopping and the kids could have haircuts. This gave me an opportunity to shot across to the hospital to collect some bits of equipment for Maria.
In the afternoon while Maria rested, the kids and I went down the road (less than 5mins away) to watch our niece Maggie play soccer against the club Ben played for (and I coached) prior to us heading overseas. Maggie's team had an impressive 4-0 win. Afterwards they came back to our place so we could see each other before three birthdays (mine tomorrow, Brian's on the 26th and Maria's on the 28th). Brian is recovering well from recent knee surgery and we continue to keep him in our prayers. We enjoyed a couple of cakes Effie had made and all indulged in pizza together.
In the evening I was sitting watching the cricket when my brother Mark called to say hello and asked if he could pop over and watch with me. This was a surprise to learn that he, Cass and the kids had travelled from Sydney to see me for my birthday. It was nice for just the two of us to hang out. Something we haven't done for a long time. It was very special. The only downside wss that we got to watch the Wallabies (Australia) lose to the All Blacks (New Zealand) in rugby by a single point when they looked like they may snatch victory in the dying seconds.
After Mark left I saw Maria's light on. When I checked on her I found her wide awake. She continues to struggle with her sleep and prayer over this would be great. We chatted until about 1:30am until I struggled to keep awake. See the next entry about the start to the morning...