Probably an hour or so after sending my previous entry on Tuesday night, I started to feel a little agitated with the onset of nausea. I went to bed early, choosing to sleep in the play/Jazz room next to the bathroom—furthest from all bedrooms. It was a wise choice. Right on 11pm I had my first major bout of vomiting. A combination of nausea, more vomiting, body aches, agitation and hallucinations, ensured I didn't sleep all night.
I slept on and off through the day, but was too ill to see the children perform last night. Thanks to Vivienne, Maria was able to go and see the kids. We were able to bless someone else (who turned up without a ticket)by giving them my front-row seat.
Maria told me today that the performance was amazing. I promised the kids I'll be there regardless of how I feel. That said, I have done a whole lot better than poor Gabi, who only returned to school today after being absent all week. Fortunately she was right to perform last night.
I always have the option of raiding Maria's stock of anti-emetic drugs to help fight the nausea. After complaining about my weight, a few more days of illness might help me drop some kilos.
I look forward to reporting on the kids' performance and Maria's birthday (tomorrow), probably on the weekend.