We did our usual "family night" on Friday. It was DVD night so after making our own pizzas, it was the grown-ups turn to choose what to watch. As we tend to always pick 'A Little House on the Prairie', the kids usually protest profusely. Funnily, they always enjoy watching it. This time there was no fuss or complaining. We ended up watching two episodes!
Maria took her last dose of chemo for this cycle at the end of the evening. She has managed the chemo very well to date.
Weekends are becoming a time to take it easy. In fact the kids are the ones seeking to laze around the house. On Saturday they stayed in their pyjamas all day. Maria was tired and a little ill towards dinner, which may have been from lunch (unsure). The kids and I watched an Asterix and Obelix DVD over dinner.
Today we followed the usual trend of late BBQ breakfast, followed by Home Church. The rest of the afternoon was taken up by Maria and I having separate play time with them both, and after she went for a nap the kids and I had quiet reading time followed by a game of NRL (Rugby League) in the backyard before dinner. It should be noted that Maria did not come out of her slumber to participate in this bone-crushing event. Actually, I can't recall how it started, but the kids and I had our first game on Thursday afternoon and they enjoyed beating me with a final try right on full-time (i.e. when Ben was injured and unable to continue). I recall feeling sore and tired on Friday but unable to put my finger on why this was the case until later in the day. As I have moved around a lot of the furniture in the "Jazz Lounge" (living/play room) this evening—including one seriously heavy bookcase—I expect I won't feel any better in the morning for it.
Maria went to bed early feeling a little agitated and not quite well, but not seriously unwell either. The kids and I did Bible Study and prayed for her. She picked up quickly in terms of her unwellness, but was still very fatigued. Here's praying for a good night and no further problems.
The week ahead does not involve any medical appointments (which is nice). However, I do need to go to the hospital to collect some items for the house, which were prescribed during an OT assessment.