We were greeted by a beautiful Spring Day to start this season. I'm looking to many more.
After dropping the kids off at school, I headed home to be there before the arrival of a Cancer Social Worker, so we could discuss some matters with her. While out the front with Maria collecting the mail, we saw our dear neighbour Alan. He and Maria were able to share with each other their recent experiences with cancer. Please keep Alan in your prayers.
We spent some time with the Social Worker, who is a lovely lady. She is also a believer (which I guessed before we met). It was nice to relate on serious issues at both a professional and spiritual level (that comment may not make sense to everyone).
Just after the Social Worker left, we had someone come over to: (a) look at how we can maximise the efficiency of our heating system; (b) quote for the gas hook-up to our new kitchen (which will hopefully take place at the end of this month or early October); and (c) investigate issues with our evaporative cooling system, which cropped up at the end of our tenants' stay. It hasn't been warm enough to worry about it until now.
The cleaner came this afternoon. We spent some time over afternoon tea after she finished her work. It is nice to be able to develop a rapport with people we meet. Next Monday will be the last time (as Maria has her MRI on Tuesday) we will have this assistance, which has been a huge blessing to us.
I knocked off as many loads of washing as possible while getting a simple dinner ready, giving Maria and the kids a chance to kick-back. Ben and Gabi played beautifully together. I found the recycling bin raided a number of times. I discovered they had created an amazing array of paper aeroplanes and miniature cardboard soldiers they had designed, cut out and coloured.
For some strange reason I still continue to struggle with overwhelming nausea at times (like now). That said, it feels different to the gastro and I certainly don't any more of those symptoms. Hopefully it'll disappear in due course.