I left in the morning for Mittagong (just under 200km) to attend Aunty Dawn's funeral. The service was moving, yet I was uplifted when hearing the Minister share about Aunty Dawn's faith in Jesus, combined with his message of the importance of true salvation which can only be achieved through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As an aside, it was strange to see relatives I had not seen in years, and quite surreal to have now seen some twice in less than two months (with Uncle Vic's funeral only 6 1/2 weeks ago).
Having left early, it was great to have help with getting the kids to and from school (thanks Viv). Also, Maria had an appointment at the hospital with the Infectious Diseases Professor regarding the ongoing management of her cerebral abscess (thanks Gill). This was the first appointment I had not been present for, which felt quite strange. Anyway, due to the ongoing issues Maria has been experiencing, including joint pain and insomnia (suspected side effects) her antibiotic has been changed from Ciprofloxacin to Bactrim. She will make the changeover in the morning, so we'll see in the coming days whether this will alleviate those problems.
Maria has decided to wait to learn of the MRI outcome at our appointment with the Neurosurgeon next Friday (18th). I respected her wish and did not contact the Oncologist today. As I mentioned in the previous entry, she is at such peace about it. I am thankful that I am slowly becoming more at ease over the wait. It will be interesting (that's one way to put it) to learn on that day how effective these cycles of chemo have actually been in controlling the tumour.