03 September 2009

Thu 3-Sep-09 (Colin concert)

A large part of our day involved a meeting with those building our kitchen and project managing the works.

We found out that one of Ben's school friends has come down with the chicken pox. Fortunately Ben has been immunised. Maria's about to start another cycle of chemo on Monday, so we'll be keeping an eye on him.

We went to a church that was constructed just before we had left for Israel, which is only down the road from home to see Colin Buchanan perform. Ben and Gabi (and us grown-ups) love his CDs and videos/DVDs. He is a real godly person who has an amazing heart for Jesus and can put out "the message" in a fun and clear way, with brilliant songs that include Bible memory verses. He is just as funny in a 'live' setting. Ben and Gabi had a few friends there, so they sat at the front near the stage while we could hang out on chairs up the back. They both really got into it (as did we), which was a blessing. I have included some photos (there are video clips as well, but I'll save you from them).





Afterwards we lined up with the masses so the kids could meet Colin and have him sign their posters. He was so happy to spend time with everyone. He has a knack of engaging in a genuine way that makes you feel like you've known him forever. While chatting he became aware of Maria's situation and he showed a "real" compassion. He shared some of a message he had listened to on the way from Sydney today, which I felt was relevant for us. I had the chance to have first met him a few years ago at a Men's Conference, which was not long after I had become a believer. I remember chatting with him on that occasion, and like today, you felt completely at ease with him.

We were all exhausted and had a take-away McDonalds dinner. Ben was almost falling asleep in his dinner. Looks like he's going to be finishing homework off early tomorrow morning.

By this time (9pm) Maria is in bed struggling with fatigue (tonight is no exception). She's had some head pain again in recent days, but nothing like what we've traditionally been accustomed to.