14 June 2009

Sun 14-Jun-09 (It was the night before...)

Our day started with a croissant breakfast in bed, followed by my focus on the book of John (chapter 3 to be precise, with a significant focus on verse 3:16). It was an awesome time of fellowship, especially after I was reduced to tears (of joy) with Gabi saying that she can't imagine never believing in Jesus, and asked us to help her stay on track. Ben also echoed similar words.

We had both sets or parents, Effie (Maria's sister) and Janelle (a dear friend) with us all of this afternoon into the early evening. We enjoyed a BBQ dinner. Maria was her usual glowing self, but quite exhausted by the whole experience.

We were blessed to have our dear neighbours Alan and Elaine invite my parents to stay with them. This was a "God" thing as it had only been planned for one night (Tuesday) as I had arranged a hotel for them for tonight and tomorrow. When I called the hotel to cancel, they advised that the booking wasn't in the system. Strangely, the lady I spoke with recalled making the booking and putting my credit card into the system but could not rationalise why it wasn't there.

Maria and I had prayer time with the kids before bed. The kids are astute enough to realise that this surgery is significant (probably partly through quitely observing Maria's mum in tears from time to time during the afternoon). We'll wake them just before walking out the door at 5:30am (less than 8hrs away).

Maria, Effie, Janelle and I had an awesome time of prayer and fellowship on Maria's bed. Maria realised at the end of our time (it dawned on me only when she mentioned it) that both Janelle and Effie were significant in us coming to Christ.

I will attempt to send out SMSs and/or emails from the hospital as news comes to hand (hopefully it will be only at the end of surgery to tell us everything went well). The surgery could take 6hrs, but it could be a little less or more. There is no telling. I'll keep people posted as best as possible. I'm happy to receive SMSs and emails, but would ask for minimal call contact to free up my mobile/cell line.

We know there are so many people out there reading this blog and holding us all up in prayer or through your own thoughts. For this (especially the prayer) we are humbled.