13 June 2009

Humbled and blessed again

Our dear brothers and sisters in Israel have organised a prayer vigil that will go around-the-clock from the day before surgery, through to the day after. Maria will be in ICU for 24-48 hours post-op, so this is greatly appreciated.

We also have dear brothers and sisters here in Canberra holding prayer meetings throughout the surgery. I know that this is also taking place in the US.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

In addition to the above, I know that there are many people out there across nations (known/not known to us) holding us up at this time. Regardless of where you are and the environment in which you pray, I want to repeat that we have always felt carried throughout our ordeal—you are part of that blessing.

In Genesis 12 the Lord promised Abram (later renamed Abraham) that He would bless those who blessed Abram. This is my prayer for you.