10 June 2009

Maria's surgery on Monday 15 June

Today we received confirmation of the time of Maria's surgery, being 08:00am on Monday (i.e. 1:00am in Tel aviv, midnight in Germany, 6:00pm Sunday in Washington DC).

She checks into the hospital only two hours beforehand. This presents a number of challenges for Maria:

  1. It is difficult enough for her to get up in the mornings.
  2. Today's weafrother forecast is 0-8 with snow. While I've seen some on the mountains from our house, it hasn't reached us, but you can certainly feel it in the air.
  3. Our bathrooms are all ice-boxes at present until I get around to having the old windows fixed (they were built many years ago with a grilled mesh that allows airflow - not good for winters).

Anyway, tomorrow we have to visit the hospital for a pre-admission clinic and on Friday Maria is booked in for an "MRI Stealth", which from my basic understanding is combining a 3D MRI with CT to create the best possible imagery to assist the neurosurgeon with his task. After the "MRI stealth" we have a final pre-op meeting with the Neurosurgeon.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)