We had an 11:15am meeting at the school, which we were lucky to make on time. We were all completely exhausted and it took me some time to drag the kids out of bed. It was cold and windy and both Ben and Gabi were very warmly welcomed by their respective classes. We even got to see Ben’s current demountable classroom get physically moved by a crane as the school prepares to launch into even more construction to meet its ever-growing needs.
Maria was exhausted so I took her home and returned for the kids. We went out for a milkshake and treat to celebrate. The kids played and explored around the house for quite a while. I went out shopping and bumped into a dear neighbour. There’s no hiding in Canberra (not that we’re hiding).
Later, the kids and I went out and borrowed ‘Night at the Museum’ for them to watch as Effie (Maria’s sister) and family were going to be in Canberra on Saturday and invited them to see number ‘2’.