20 June 2009

Sat 20-Jun-09 (another good day)

Effie left before 6:45am (I woke to farewell her and she was already on the road). she has been a huge blessing over the past week. We really appreciate all she has done (again), and to Brian and the kids for releasing her to us. I'm sure she'll enjoy being back home (as will the rest of her beautiful family).

I called the hospital at 8am to see how Maria's night was. She was having breakfast and able to speak with me. She said the evening was quieter and she had some good patches of sleep.

Maria's mum went and spent some hours with her, while her Dad kept himself busy doing jobs around our home. I had some good play time with the kids before dropping them off on their respective play dates. That gave me a chance to get up to the hospital around 4pm. Maria and I walked down to the cafe for a milkshake and coffee. Unfortunately Maria has been having blood taken from her a couple of times a day and it is becoming more difficult for them to get a good vein.

Our dear friend Mel dropped the kids and a taco dinner off to us at the hospital before she took off for her own family dinner date.

Gabi was a bit nervous seeing Maria as she now is without her bandage and therefore her wound, stitches and pulsating soft spot (where titanium was placed) are exposed. I had to take a photo and show Gabi before she went in. She was fine from thereon in.

We were able to have our dinner in the Patients' Waiting Room while the kids watched a Spider-Man video. Got home around 8:30pm. Kids exhausted. They have some recovery time before launching into further playdates tomorrow.